Autodesk introduces portfolio for the Future of Manufacturing
With the world of manufacturing undergoing major disruptions brought on by new market forces and technologies, Autodesk has unveiled its unified portfolio of solutions for additive and subtractive manufacturing. The portfolio lets manufacturers take advantage of technology disruptions and improve competitiveness by creating higher quality products in less time with lower costs.
The new solution brings together industry-leading products historically offered from Autodesk, Delcam, Netfabb, Pan Computing and Magestic Systems—including HSMWorks, Inventor HSM, Fusion 360, FeatureCAM, PowerMill, PartMaker (now included in FeatureCAM), PowerShape, PowerInspect and Netfabb—into one complete set of hybrid manufacturing solutions.
Autodesk has long been a leader and innovator in 3D design, engineering and the technologies that expand the applications of industrial 3D printing, no product is really complete until it’s realised through physical manufacture.
Autodesk has also become a leader in technologies that expand the applications of industrial 3D printing. Now, they are truly integrating the design, make and use phases of product development. This new set of solution goes big on the ‘make’ component—equipping manufacturers with all the software they need to go from digital design to real-world product.
The portfolio spans computer aided manufacturing (CAM), additive manufacturing, composites, robotics fabrication, factory layout, inspection and modeling. It enables customers to solve complex manufacturing challenges and seamlessly connect design to machining.
Within the portfolio offerings are cloud-connected capabilities designed to help users experience the benefits of a more cohesive manufacturing workflow and invest more time in product development. Cloud-capabilities give customers improved support for global manufacturing operations with universal access to software and data, and the cloud also enables fast and frequent software upgrades.
What’s in the Autodesk portfolio for additive and subtractive manufacturing?
- Autodesk HSMWorks: A fully integrated CAM solution for SOLIDWORKS, allowing users to get up to speed and become productive within minutes using familiar tools and workflows.
- Autodesk Inventor HSM: Helps CNC programmers, designers and engineers rapidly produce machined parts designed in virtually any CAD system.
- Autodesk 2017 CAM Products: With offerings for a multitude of advanced manufacturing applications, these new products combine the heritage of industry leadership in CAM software from Delcam with Autodesk’s 3D design and manufacturing prowess. Solutions include FeatureCAM for automating CNC programming; PartMaker for precision part manufacturing with Swiss-type lathes; PowerMill for programming the most complex molds, dies and other components; PowerShape for preparing complex models for manufacture; and PowerInspect for inspection in every environment.
- Autodesk Netfabb: All the software you need to reduce costs, increase efficiency and improve part performance in additive manufacturing and 3D printing.
- Fusion 360: The centerpiece of Autodesk’s cloud-based product innovation platform, Fusion 360 combines CAD, CAM and CAE in a single package. It allows users to take their designs all the way to production with included 3D printing capabilities as well as HSM powered toolpath technology for 2 through 5 axis milling machines, turning centers and waterjets.
This new integrated portfolio from Autodesk brings together technology Autodesk has been growing and investing in across the full manufacturing spectrum. This combination of solutions makes modular and scalable manufacturing solutions available to manufacturers of all sizes.